Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Chocolate, Cheese, and Techno (LINK BELOW FIXED)

Can you guess which one of the above products, the production of which the Swiss excel at, is not allegedly bad for my health?


There's a wealth of great Swiss producers at the moment, it really makes you wonder what goes wrong for a country like Ireland, with a handful of producers but few labels and very little impact on the current wave of dance music apart from via Donnacha Costello's releases. I guess it's a problem with being an island, and of course the archaic licensing laws requiring all venues to close at 3 have made sure dance music never fully permeated the living rooms (and producer bedrooms) of the middle classes as much as in other countries.


I've been a fan of Plak Records for some time, Num is also a great label. Producers like Agnes, Ripperton (correct me if he's not Swiss but I think so!), Samim, Chaton/Hopen, Nhar are all doing great stuff and I'm sure I'm forgetting some others of note here. It must be a great little scene over there....Plak in particular is a great operation tho not so well known. I think Nhar could be a producer to watch in 2007 too, he's already been on Mobilee this year and I think he may have another Mobilee on the way (memory of a footnote on an email here, could be wrong)...here's one side of Agnes's new 12 on Plak, very dark clanking stuff...good groove tho...i fixed this link on 12/12 so check it out if you missed out last week...the old link just didn't work...


Agnes-The Break (Plak Recordings)

3 Comments:

Anonymous cheap electronics said...

ere exists Ed Hardy Clothing. These clothes, although stylish, come in lightweight and comfortable material - permitting individuals to move freely. pandora. A person word of advice-I would prevent acquiring any specific silver jewelry that's not sterling. Pandora Jewelry. Repelling any terrible ingredient during the heavy snow as well as nippy wind, it keeps toes warm along with dry anytime all through winter. ghd sale.Necklaces who have similar sized beads work effectively on tall women and chokers help decrease each s

4:23 AM  
Anonymous strapless dresses said...

No doubt,it is a good posting that I have read.I learn more in this website.These articles is very interesting and some articles are meaning for me.I hope there are more articles read in the website.I will recommend this posting to my good friends.Moreover,I will give you a good recommend,there is a good website.all of watches in the website,such as Panerai.I

7:27 PM  
Anonymous wholesale wedding dresses said...

You will be interested to hear that we have just marketed our new product.We are pleased to get in touch with you for the supply of.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home